Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday's Montage Mantlepiece: A British Christmas

Summary:
Three Christmas tales from Scotland, England and Wales to warm your holidays.

Scottish Christmas - Addison James
Beth Bishop, left alone in Edinburgh over the Christmas holidays, is unexpectedly invited to the childhood home of Gordon MacKay, a friend of a friend who happens to be tall dark and handsome, with a Scottish accent as well. She spends three days meeting the MacKay clan, learning Scottish customs, getting to know both Gordon and his family. The visit takes a turn when Gordon's ex-wife arrives and Beth is forced to play Gordon's American girlfriend.
But what if the play becomes real life?

The Bed and Breakfast Man - Amanda Ward
You are never too old to fall in love...
At forty-eight, Joy Welles runs her bed and breakfast with the love and care one has for a child.
Each guest she takes in, she treats as if they are the most important person in the world. Until Christian and his granddaughter arrive to spend Christmas, and carry out his mothers’ final wish.
The tables are turned on Joy as for the first time, she is on the receiving end of the love and care. Burdened by the scars of her past, and scared of allowing herself to love again she builds up a wall of safety, only for Christian and his dogged determination to tumble them down.
Together can the couple learn to release their demons and like the river, move on with their lives
entwined?

A Christmas Embrace - Margarita Felices
A Model Christmas. Did Ashley make a terrible mistake leaving the man she loved to pursue her career? She’s home for Christmas and about to find out.
A Christmas Dance. Christmas is the time to be with your loved ones, but not for Jane this year. Christmas will never be the same when you’re left alone. But this year a promise will come true.

The Christmas Gift. Maya didn’t do Christmas, but this year she’s met Nick and it feels like he’s the perfect gift. But Nick holds a very dark secret and after he leave.


Author Bio:
Addison James
Addison James spent her childhood with her nose in a book, ignoring the natural beauty of her native Vermont.

She went to the right schools, got the right jobs, and spent her early adult years being responsible and stable. A few years ago, her long repressed urge to write emerged and she has been feeding it ever since.

Addison is a member of Romance Writers of America, the Women's Fiction chapter.


Amanda Ward
'What You See Is What You Get' would be the best way to describe Amanda. Born in Bexleyheath, England 1971, she is a wife and mother of seven children ranging in ages from her 21 year old daughter down to a spirited 3 year old son. Life in her house is manic. There is always unpredictablity and a disaster waiting round the next corner. There is however, plenty of love and laughter in the home Amanda shares with her wonderful comedic husband Matt and 3 youngest children in Bedfordshire, England. In between school runs, housework and talking to her two cats, Amanda divides her time between writing, dreaming and watching her favourite films and television shows. An unashamed addict of Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Gilmore Girls, Anne of Green Gables and Doris Day musicals, as well as sharing her husband's love of Science Fiction and superhero films.

Amanda is also passionate about history and her bookshelves are lined with books on the Royal Families of Europe and thick historical tomes. Her love of romance novels began when she was snooping in her grandmother's spare room where she found a Janet Dailey novel, from there her dream of becoming a published author began. Her perfect afternoon would be spent watching a musical, drinking a pot of tea and munching on warm home-made cakes with her family. Wife, mother, dreamer and lover. Jill of all trades, master of none! 


Margarita Felices
I live in Cardiff with my partner and three little mad dogs and I work for a well-known TV broadcasting company. I love living in Cardiff because, for all its modernisation, there are still remnants of an old Victorian city. I love writing and base my stories in Cardiff because it has such character. When I can, I go out to the coast and take photographs, mind you, we have a lovely castle in the city centre and a fairytale one just on the outskirts, so when I feel I can't write anything, I take a ramble to those locations and it clears my head. 
I suppose it was inevitable that some day I would write a novel. My teachers at school used to limit me to no more than ten pages. When I left school, I wrote short stories for magazines, and it paid my way through college. I am Gothic, I love the fashion, the architecture and the music. The club in my novel is real. When I was writing book one, I got all my club material and clientele from here, I wouldn't have finished that section without it.


Addison James
FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE  /  GOOGLE+

Amanda Ward
FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE  /  BLOG
EMAIL:  mrsajward@hotmail.com

Margarita Felices





No comments:

Post a Comment