Thursday, March 12, 2015

Before He was a Secret by Becky Wicks

Title: Before He Was A Secret
Author: Becky Wicks
Series: Starstruck #3
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Cover Design: Jeanine Henning
Summary:
Another standalone Starstruck romance from the HarperCollins author who brought you Amazon #1 bestseller Before He Was Famous and Before He Was Gone

“What if we can’t choose
Every battle we win and lose
What if we decided years before, to live this life, to fight these wars
And all the dreams we ever thought were ours
Were written in the stars”

Waiting tables isn’t exactly what singer/songwriter Stephanie has in mind for her move to Nashville, but memories of the past and a case of writer’s block mean inspiration isn’t coming easy. When brooding pianist Conor Judge opens his mouth in a smoky bar he proves music can heal, and even help you re-write your story, but a history of his own means the one thing he starts to want most is always just out of reach. Stephanie.

Enter Travis Flynn – an upcoming star who won’t take no for an answer, and a record label intent on helping Stephanie shine, without Conor. As fame comes knocking as hard as the ghosts of their pasts, it soon becomes clear that no matter how hard you might fall in love, having the perfect songs doesn’t always mean perfect harmony.




"If you had to pick one occupation for a main character that you absolutely had to feature in every story, what would it be and why.
       Hey Padme people! Thanks for having me on your blog and supporting Before He Was A Secret like this! That's a great question. I suppose it would be easy for me to say I'd always give my main character the job of being a writer, because that's the profession I know and love. It's easier to express the views of a character when they're talking about something you know so well, but my characters have been all sorts of things. 
I actually think one I'd like to explore more would be that of a scuba diving instructor! I'm a huge diving fan and do it whenever I can. I got my PADI in Jamaica about six years ago and we dove with nurse sharks! It was so thrilling, I wanted to do it every single day. In fact, the book I just finished (The Day Of The Wave - out soon) features a guy with this job and I really loved writing those scenes where he's under the water with the fish - it's a whole other world down there and hugely therapeutic. All you can hear is the in and out sound of your breathing into the regulator, and the swish of your bubbles. 
You're lighter in the water, in every sense of the word. I'd definitely love to give more of my characters a chance to breathe so peacefully like that. It's great thinking time, especially if you have problems weighing you down, which most characters do, let's face it. 
Another occupation I'd like to give a character sometime is that of a firefighter. There's so much drama and angst involved in that and I think it would take a very special kind of person to have a job like that. I'd probably enjoy delving into their mind. Especially if it was a woman. Ooooh.... now this is something I may have to write next. What do you think? ;-)

Author Bio:
Becky Wicks lives in Bali and scribbles books, and she’s mostly powered by coffee. Her first book in the Starstruck Series, Before He Was Famous recently reached #1 in Amazon’s Coming of Age and New Adult & College categories, and her three travel books, published by HarperCollins are online to make feet nice and itchy. Mostly though, she loves to write love stories. She blogs most days at beckywicks.com and always welcomes distractions on Twitter @bex_wicks. Especially if you have photos of cats.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE



Before He was a Secret #3

Before He was Famous #1

Before He was Gone #2




Brought to you by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment