Saturday, September 5, 2015

Enemy of Man by Scott Moon

Title: Enemy of Man
Author: Scott Moon
Series: Chronicles of Kin Roland #1
Genre: Science Fiction
Release Date: June 8, 2013
Cover Design: ProBook Covers
Summary:
Earth Fleet never forgave Kin Roland’s failure at Hellsbreach. Changed by captivity and torture, hunted by the Reapers of Hellsbreach and wanted by the Fleet, Kin hides on a lost planet near an unstable wormhole.

When a distant space battle propels a ravaged Earth Fleet Armada through the same wormhole, a Reaper follows, hunting for the man who burned his home world. Kin fights to save a mysterious native of Crashdown from the Reaper and learns there are worse things in the galaxy than those hunting him. The end is coming and he is about to pay for a sin that will change the galaxy forever.

1. What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
The biggest influence on my science fiction writing is Robert Heinlein, although it might be more accurate to say it is a tie between Heinlein and Orson Scott Card. Two of my favorite books of all time are Starship Troopers by Heinlein and Ender’s Game by Card.

2. When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process(outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
My favorite part of writing a novel is charging forward with a new idea, that is to say that I like the early “romance” with the story premise. For me, that is when everything comes easily and is a lot of fun.

3. When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
This is really bad, but I can’t pick one genre. For the last several years I would say that historical fiction has been the front runner in my reading habits. But I really enjoy thrillers if their good. Science fiction and fantasy will always be my foundational genres.

4. If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
George R. R. Martin, because I might find an opportunity to ask to pointed questions about The Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), like when will book six be on the shelves. On a more serious note, I am constantly amazed by Martin’s world building skill and how he keeps track of all the little details. The biggest thing about his writing, however, is how he builds tension and drama in each story line.

5. Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you ΚΊlater in lifeΚΊ?
I can’t remember a time when I didn’t want to write. When I was a small child, I remember seeing my first hard back journal and thinking it looked like a book, and if I could get one, I could fill it up and be an author. This was before I even had a clear idea of what an author was. My grandmother started giving me stacks of legal pads for Christmas, because I loved to fill them up with stories.

Author Bio:
Scott Moon loves audio books, especially the works of George R.R. Martin, Stephen King, Patrick O'Brian, John Ringo, David Weber, and Michael Connelly. He has been writing fantasy, science fiction, and urban fantasy thrillers for over thirty years. His professional background is law enforcement, including various tactical and investigative units. In 2005, he was part of a task force that arrested a serial killer who had been at large for over three decades.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE




Brought to you by: 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful interview and for participating in the Tour. Victoria at My Family's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete