Tuesday, October 6, 2015

City of Roses by Donovan Pruitt

Title: City of Roses
Author: Donovan Pruitt
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Release Date: May 5, 2015


Summary:
A young man ventures to his lost love’s childhood home in the abandoned city of Pripyat, Ukraine. When a sudden accident puts him off-course, he awakes to discover a lively and  vibrant culture living in a nearby village and a woman who reignites his heart. But something sinister lurks in the shadows, and he must face the terror and help defend the village from evil before it is lost forever. Go beyond the tragedy of Chernobyl and discover the magic in the City of Roses.

1. What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
I grew up on Star Wars, Star Trek, and the X-Men. While my latest book, City of Roses, is a far cry from my nerdiest influences, I think my love of the weird, obscure, and the fantastic is evident even there.

2. When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process(outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
I love imagining the action sequences, and what kind of crazy stunt I want my characters to pull. Also, I love coming up with the varying styles of magic or technology, depending on the genre, to help bring the world to life. I like to imagine, if I was a kid again, what would I enjoy pretending to be most from this book?

3. When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
I’m a YA Fantasy addict, especially those books with a darker, bleaker tone. I love finding characters twisted up in a horrible conspiracy. Outgunned, outplayed, and pushed to the edge. Then things get good.

4. If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
My recently developed writing math equation should help with this question: Victoria Aveyard + Donovan Pruitt + superpowers +/- story = win.

5. Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
I started writing as a hobby when I was thirteen, but back then it never occurred to me that I could BE a writer. Now that I finally have a chance to make a real run at a life of writing, I’m never giving it up.

Author Bio:
Donovan Pruitt has a passion for science fiction and fantasy, especially those titles that trend toward young and new adult storytelling. City of Roses was his first standalone book as an indie author, though he has also written for video games and was previously published as a co-author in the fantasy genre. You can visit him online at www.KalaEmpire.com or join the discussion on Twitter.

Check out his book reviews on Amazon here.

TWITTER  /  WEBSITE  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS







Brought to you by: 

1 comment: