Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Makeup Test by Vanessa M Knight

Title: The Makeup Test 
Author: Vanessa M Knight
Series: Ritter University #6
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: April 4, 2017


Summary:
Parker Breckinridge is a sophomore in college and already running her own internet cosmetics business. She doesn’t apologize for her successes—or anything else. She’s worked hard to get what where she is. She’s had to. It’s not like there was anything else in her life, despite her rich family.

Cade Adler doesn’t do relationships—especially relationships with uptight princesses. Been there. Done that. Destroyed the T-shirt. Besides, what with working full-time as a police officer and going to school, who has time for women? Not him.

With his tattoos and overall attitude, Cade is exactly what Parker doesn’t need. And between her father’s money and her piss-poor attitude, Parker is exactly what Cade doesn’t need.

So why is it they can’t stay apart?

1. Who are some of your favorite authors and/or books you read when you relax?
 I don't get to read for pure enjoyment very often. So when I do, I become absolutely giddy when one of my go-to authors has a new book out. I absolutely love:

Kendall Ryan - Her hot contemporary romances keep me turning the page long after I should be turning off the lights and going to bed.

CC Hunter - I love Christie Craig's Shadow Falls YA series. It's YA fun with a touch of romance. The characters are interesting and the world where teens with special powers go to this school is amazing.

Jennifer Sucevic - I love her voice. Her books are so much fun and addictive. I have lost entire days while immersed in her New Adult worlds. I laugh. I cry. Every time.

Kim Gruenenfelder - Another author that makes me laugh and tends to hinder productivity is Gruenenfelder. With book titles like A Total Waste of Makeup and Love the Wine You're With, you know you'll be laughing out loud before the book is done. And she always delivers.


2. If you were approached to have your book made into a film, who would you cast?
 Skyler Samuels as Parker. I love Skyler, she's always so sweet. But she can be rather badass. In this role, she'd have to drop some of the sweet and just be badass. I think she could deliver some of the nasty lines and still be likable. And that's what this character needs-- someone who can say it like it is, but still be liked at the end of the day.

Chris Wood as Cade. I love him in Supergirl (and Vampire Diaries). He's just the right amount of bad boy and I'm sure he could give Parker a run for her makeup.

The two of them would be so cute together.

3. It's often asked what is your favorite part of being a writer but what is the easiest part of the creative process for you?
 This is a hard question. Each book has it's own set of challenges. Sometimes a book just flows right out and I'm a writing machine. Sometimes writing that book takes months, because I just can't seem to get the words to flow so I write a few hundred words here and a few hundred there.

Sometimes you fly through the edits with minimal disruption to the book and sometimes you find yourself rewriting entire sections.

Nothing and everything can be easy. It depends on the story, the characters, my mindset and all the outside influences that can disrupt the flow.

Writing is a journey. It is truly a labor of love. And I love to tell stories. I love to write. I love dreaming up new ideas. In fact I have pages an pages of new ideas. I guess that would be the easiest part, coming up with something new. It's molding that something new into something legible where the work really begins.

4. Is there any one character of your's that is most like you? If yes, how and why?
 I hate to say it, but Karina. I never had any social media nightmare befall me (What Happens in College… Ritter Series book 2) but she tends to be the voice of reason. Her past makes her risk adverse. She never puts herself out there.

I was very much like Karina for a long time. I wrote books, but never shared them. I was afraid. I didn’t take chances. As I've gotten older, I've found that life is too short to hide. I've put myself and my books out there. It's scary at times-- petrifying really.

But creating something from nothing is so worth the risk. Watching characters develop over time is so satisfying. And knowing that someone might be reading and enjoying the world I built is so gratifying.

5. If you could go anywhere(finances, time, & obligations not an issue) where would you go?
 My husband and I have been looking at taking a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. If money and time were no object, I wouldn't bother with the boat. I would go island hopping in the Caribbean St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Aruba, Curacao, St. Kitts, Martinique, Antigua and many more.

My mornings would be spent writing, my afternoons would be spent relaxing on the beach, and my evenings would be spent hanging with the husband. I would experience all the different islands, taking in the feel and culture. It makes shoulders sag in relaxation just thinking about the roll of the ocean and the beach lifestyle.




Author Bio:
Vanessa M. Knight has always enjoyed writing and once she found romance, she was addicted. She props her laptop in the suburbs of Chicago with her husband, son and menagerie of 4-pawed, claw-babies (AKA cats and dogs.) That laptop has partnered-in-crime to write contemporary romances with a dash of humor and splash of snark.

When she has a few moments to spare, you can find her singing off key (but she assures us it’s still considered singing), reading, kickboxing or killing a few brain cells as she stares at the many sitcoms and dramas available through the Internet and TV.

For more information on Vanessa, including her Internet haunts, contest updates, and details on her upcoming novels, please visit her website.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE



The Makeup Test #6

Series




Brought to you by: 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me here today. The interview was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete