Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Breaking Roman by Alexis James

Title: Breaking Roman
Author: Alexis James
Series: The Moran Family #3
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 27, 2017

Summary:
They call me Romeo.

I love romancing women, and I’m good at it.

Too bad it is all a ruse.

Roman, the youngest of the three Moran brothers, is the only one who has ever believed in true love. Too bad his one special person barely acknowledges his existence.

Sabrina Morris spends her days running the HR Department of The Moran Group, and her nights corralling her teenage daughter. She doesn’t have time for love. She’s heard the stories, but Roman is not at all what she expects him to be. His gentle nature catches her completely off-guard. She doesn’t expect to be attracted to him, and she certainly doesn’t expect him to be equally drawn to her. But can she see past his Romeo faΓ§ade and allow the warm, loving man into her life?

What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
My reading/genre influence was/is my mom. All through my childhood she used to read Harlequin Romances. When I was old enough (11 or 12), she began to share those books with me. That was back in the day when the characters wouldn’t even kiss until the last few pages. I had always been a big reader as well, but it wasn’t until I read those beautifully crafted romances that I developed a deep love and appreciation for romance. Over the years, I branched out from reading romance, but have always been pulled back in. It felt only natural to want to craft my own romance stories.

When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process(outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
My favorite part of the writing process is everything before the actual writing itself. I love seeing my characters come to life; giving them backgrounds and personalities and flaws. It’s so much fun making them into a “real” person; with a home, a car, friends. I do outline the story idea, and brief directions where I see the story going, but I won’t outline each chapter ahead of time. I like to let that develop as I write.

When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
I’m intrigued by anything romance. Right now, I’m rather obsessed with Male/Male romance novels. The love seems deeper in these novels…like the characters have had to work twice as hard to make it happen (which I suppose they have).

If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
Tough question. I think Colleen Hoover would be hoot to write with. She’s so brilliant it’s scary, and crafts such beautiful words. I’d probably be too overwhelmed to contribute to anything we’d be working on together. I’d probably just sit back and watch her create magic.

Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
I always liked the idea of writing, but I didn’t write seriously until I hit my early 30’s. I published my first book in my 40’s, so I’m a bit a late bloomer.



Author Bio:
Alexis James lives on the beautiful Central California coast. When she’s not spending time with her hubby of almost 30 years or her amazing kids, you can find her tapping away on the computer. She loves reading, spending time with family, reading, camping, reading….and writing too! She enjoys a good date night, an inexpensive glass of wine, and any story that can make her smile and/or cry.

Alexis’s first novel, “Losing Faith”, was released in September 2014. Her second novel, “Loving Emma”, is a standalone, though it does feature some characters from “Losing Faith”.

She invites you to visit her author pages on Facebook and Goodreads, and her website. You can also follow her on Twitter or you can email her.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE
EMAIL: alexisjamesauthor@gmail.com



Breaking Roman #3

Series




Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment