Sunday, March 17, 2024

πŸ€πŸ’š☘️Sunday's Safe Word Shelf☘️πŸ’šπŸ€: Clancy's Collar by Brina Brady



Summary:

Irish Collar #2
Clancy gave his heart and soul to Master Clarke for two years, even when he had to share him with another sub. But his devotion was not enough to prevent his Dom from discarding him like garbage and replacing him with a younger sub. Broken and lost, Clancy finds shelter and comfort in Master Dunn, who helps him heal and look for a new Dom.

When Master Flanagan learns Clancy is free from his former Dom, he makes his move, but he faces resistance from some of his ex-subs and ex-boys who refuse to accept he is moving on without them.

Clancy meets a handsome Dom who shares his interests, but he soon realizes he is not the only one who wants to be collared by Liam Flanagan.

Keywords: Age gap, light BDSM, bookstore owner, hotel co-owner, jealous ex-lovers, hurt and comfort, Irish romance, spankings and new friendships



Chapter 1 Clancy 
Clancy rushed home from the bookstore to the Galway flat he shared with two men: his Dom and another sub. Every Friday night Master Clarke took him and Rory out to dinner before they went to the BDSM club. He was so excited that he left a little early from work. When he opened the front door, Clancy frowned at the sight of his four suitcases next to five large boxes placed to the side of the door in the living room. Master Clarke and Rory rose from the couch as soon as he walked in. 

“What’s going on, Sir?” Clancy knew the answer. All week he had sensed his Dom’s distance. They wanted him out of here so they could be alone. He was in the way. Clancy had spoken to Rory in detail about his feelings, and he’d never said one word about what they had been planning. Of course, Rory didn’t make the final decisions, but he could have warned him about what their Dom had been planning. Clancy thought they told each other everything but on something as important as this, he’d stayed silent. The hurt kicked in like poison was injected into his entire body. Why would they move him out? He’d been here first, for over a year before Rory joined their relationship. Two years of his life devoted to serving and loving Master Clarke ended with them throwing him away like a piece of trash. 

Master Clarke covered the distance between them with two long strides and stopped directly in front of him. His Dom was taller by two inches, and in that moment, there was something in his dark icy eyes that made Clancy feel much smaller. He had already distanced himself from Clancy, and if he really was honest with himself, the day Rory joined them was when it had all begun to crumble. Each day Master Clarke moved one step away from him regardless of Clancy’s attempts to please and be the perfect sub. Instead of drawing his Dom closer, his obedience and worship had spread them further apart. 

“You need to leave tonight. I no longer want two subs.” Master Clarke handed Clancy an envelope. “This money will help you move.” 

Clancy crushed the sealed envelope with his name on it and threw it across the room. “I don’t want or need your money, Sir. We could have discussed this first so I could have planned out a move.” Clancy glanced at Rory who was silently crying. He’d miss him. They did everything together like loving brothers. All that would end. No way Master Clarke would allow them to see each other. He backed away from his Dom. He needed to get out of here before things got ugly. 

Master Clarke inched dangerously closer. His stormy stare bored holes into Clancy, putting the fear of God in him. He froze, eyes burning, struggling to comprehend what he had done to deserve this. Master Clarke placed his strong firm arms around Clancy’s shoulders, then removed the gold chain which acted as his outside collar. “Your black leather studded collar has been removed from your belongings. You’re no longer my sub. This was the best way to deal with the issue of two subs.” 

“Why did you pick Rory instead of me?” Clancy shouted.

 “It’s simple. I’ve grown to love Rory, and you were in the way. Rory needs me and you don’t. Working with you in the playroom and sleeping with you became a chore instead of a pleasure. It wasn’t fair for me to keep you as my sub anymore.” 

Clancy fisted his childish tears away. The man he had thought would have been his forever Dom was not. Rory was small and thin with so many needs, and Master Clarke was only too happy to fill them. His eyes welled up uncontrollably again. He cursed himself for crying. Why was he so damn sensitive? 

“No Dom has ever treated me like this. I never want to see or hear from you again.” 

Master Clarke ignored his response and turned his attention to Rory. “Say goodbye to Clancy.” 

Rory managed to walk over to him. “I’m sorry, Clancy. I’m going to miss you.” He hugged Clancy with all his might, as if he would never see him again. The family they once had been was severed by their Dom, and now Clancy was left alone. 

“Stay safe, Rory,” Clancy whispered. 

Pounding on the door broke Clancy from Rory’s embrace. Clancy bit down on his lip, but nothing stopped the flood of tears. 

Rory picked up a book from the coffee table and handed Clancy the novel he had been reading last night. 

“Thanks.”

Rory wiped his own tears away while Master Clarke opened the door and let Master Dunn into the flat. Master Dunn was a kind Dom who was in his sixties and currently without a sub. Master Clarke and Master Dunn were best friends. Regardless of Master Dunn’s age, he was known as the hot silver fox by the younger subs, but Master Dunn liked subs around his own age. No twinks for Master Dunn. 

“We’re here to pick up Clancy,” Master Dunn announced. 

Quinn, who was the bartender from the BDSM club, followed Master Dunn inside. Clancy knew him and had spoken to him many times. Quinn shot Clancy a sympathetic look but refrained from talking. 

“I told you he has a car,” Master Clarke bellowed.” He can’t leave it here.” 

“Quinn will drive Clancy’s car to my home.” Turning to Clancy he said, “Clancy, give me your keys so Quinn can drive it to my place. You’re in no condition to move yourself or drive. You’ll stay with me until you find a place or a new Dom.” Master Dunn exuded an air of command. 

Clancy nodded through his tears. Sobs wracked his body, robbing him of his ability to speak—barely allowing a breath to be drawn. He dug into the pocket of his leather jacket and handed over the keys. 

Master Dunn handed the keys to Quinn. 

“Take his things to my car.” Master Dunn ordered Quinn. 

“Rory, help Quinn,” Master Clarke said.

Immediately, they carried the suitcases and boxes out of the flat. Clancy was speechless, not understanding what Master Dunn was doing here. Did Master Clarke sell him to Master Dunn? How did he even know Master Clarke was dumping him? He must have told him. Yes, he figured that was right since they were friends. 

“I need to talk to Clancy alone before he leaves with you,” Master Clarke said. 

Clancy didn’t want to hear any more hurtful words. He’d left many of his possessions with his parents in Dublin. He could have gone home to them, but Master Dunn must have decided it was his job to take care of him in between Doms. 

“I’ll be right outside the door,” Master Dunn said to Clancy. 

Once he left, Clancy’s tears stopped, only to be replaced with trembling. The emotional pain was constant. He had a ton of questions, leaving him wondering if he ever would be able to move on from Master Clarke. Clancy had wanted so desperately for all three of them to succeed in their relationship even though he knew they wouldn’t. As soon as Rory joined them, Clancy’s happiness had always been out of reach. Clancy blamed himself for agreeing to include Rory, but he’d felt sorry for him and didn’t want him living on the street. If they hadn’t taken him into the relationship, would he still be with Master Clarke? He must have been looking for someone else. How else did he find Rory? 

“Clancy, you did nothing wrong here. You were a good sub and kind to Rory. I’ll write you a good recommendation for your next Dom. You deserve to be with a Dom who loves you. I can’t give you that. I’m sorry this hurts you, but I’m sure you’ll find a new Dom soon.” 

Clancy had no words for Master Clarke. He was done. He turned away and moved toward the door. 

“Don’t contact Rory. It’s best to cut all ties. Do you understand?” 

Clancy ignored his question and slammed the door shut on his way out. He never wanted to hear another painful word from Master Clarke. He was finally safe from any more insults directed at him, but his body wasn’t convinced. 

Master Dunn stood outside as he had said he would. “Come with me. We’re going to have a few drinks at home.” 

Clancy followed Master Dunn to the car and slid into the front seat; Quinn had already left with his car. Everything seemed weird, like this wasn’t really happening. It had to be a bad dream, a nightmare for sure. 

Master Dunn didn’t live far from Master Clarke. Clancy’s car was parked on one side of the driveway. Quinn was in the process of moving his boxes and suitcases inside. And just like that, he’d be living somewhere else whether he liked it or not. He followed Master Dunn inside to the kitchen. 

Quinn entered the kitchen and put the keys on the hanging corkboard. 

“Clancy’s things are in his room. Do you need me for anything else, sir?” 

“No. You can leave. Thank you.” 

“Thank you, Quinn,” Clancy managed to say. 

“Sit down, Clancy. We’re going to talk.”

Master Dunn grabbed two beers from the refrigerator, handed Clancy one, and sat across from him. It was the first time Clancy had seen Master Dunn wearing jeans and a T-shirt. He looked like a regular guy off the street. The only times Clancy had seen him was when he was wearing leathers at the BDSM club. 

“Did Master Clarke ask you to take me in?” The last thing Clancy wanted was to be a charity case. His parents had an open-door policy. Anytime he wanted to move back home, they would welcome him. When Clancy had wanted to open a bookstore in Galway, they lent him the money. Never once did they ask him to pay it back, but he sent them a check every month towards the down payment he had borrowed. Master Clarke was right; he didn’t need him, but he had wanted him. Poor Rory had no skills and stayed home instead of working. 

“No, he didn’t. He told me he was going to end your contract and move you out tonight. I suggested you stay here.” 

“Thank you, sir. My parents would have taken me in, then later helped me find another place. I wouldn’t be homeless.” 

“I know you have parents living in Dublin, but I want you to be protected in the lifestyle and here where your friends and work are. This is the time you can go out and meet new people in Galway. Have fun in the process. You can stay here as long as you need or want.” 

“Thanks. I hope I don’t get in the way.” 

“I’ll let you know if you’re doing something wrong. I want you to talk to me. Let me know what’s going on in your head.”

Clancy swallowed hard. He knew Master Dunn well enough to know he meant what he said. He was one Dom he could trust, more than the others. 

“Before Rory showed up, Master Clarke promised I’d always be his number one sub and I believed him. He lied. I loved Rory when he joined us, and this is how Master Clarke repays me.” 

“I don’t talk shit about other Doms to subs, but in this case I will. I never approved of him taking a second sub. He promised something to you that he couldn’t honor. My friendship with him is over and he knows it.” 

“I’m sorry if our situation affected your friendship.” 

“He’s been doing things for a while that were wrong. Don’t worry about anything. I have your back. Promise me you won’t go back.” 

“There’s no way, sir. The hurt and humiliation are deep enough I could never go back for more.” 

“There’s a gay bar in Salthill. I doubt you’ve heard of it. Paddy’s Pub. Lots of gay businessmen hang out there. It’s not a BDSM club, but it will give you a chance to see what’s available.” 

“Thanks. I’ll try it out tomorrow night, sir.” 

“I’ll drive you there and you can call me when you want me to pick you up. I don’t want you drinking and driving and I can leave work for a few minutes.” 

“Thanks. I’m lucky to have you helping me. Would you mind if I go to bed?” 

“What about dinner?” 

“No, thank you, sir. I need to put myself back together. I can’t eat now.”

“Your room is upstairs. It’s the first one on the left. Do you have my number?” 

“No, sir.” 

Master Dunn handed Clancy his business card. “Think of this as a chance to find a new man or Dom who will love you.” 

“Yes, sir. I can’t believe Rory didn’t tell me.” 

“Clarke told him to keep his mouth shut or he’d be given his walking orders as well. Subs don’t run the show in matters like this.”



Sunday Safe Word Shelf



Brina Brady

I am from Huntington Beach, Ca. I taught various subjects at a Continuation High School in Los Angeles, California for 27 years. I obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in history, Secondary Social Science Credential and a Master's Degree in Secondary Reading and Secondary Education from California State University, Long Beach. I also enrolled in some creative writing classes at UCLA. You can contact me at brinabrady@gmail.com.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE
NEWSLETTER  /  BLOG  /  AUDIBLE  /  iTUNES
BOOKBUB  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS
EMAIL: brinabrady@gmail.com



Clancy's Collar #2

Irish Collar Series


No comments:

Post a Comment