Sunday, February 1, 2015

Longing by Lilly Avalon

Title: Longing
Author: Lilly Avalon
Series: Resist #2
Release Date: January 27, 2015
Genre: Erotica Romance 
Summary:
It's been two months since Allegra walked out of Devlin's hotel room. Well, two months and five days, but she's not counting. She needs to move on, but before she can, Devlin shows up again...as her new coworker.

Seeing him at work every day is enough to make her lose her mind. Allegra tries to stay away from Devlin, knowing the effect he has on her, but she can't. The more she's around him, the more she's tempted to have something more with him. After everything that's happened in the past, it's a slippery slope that may land her in a place she never wants to revisit. Something is happening to her heart, though. A longing is building up that isn't one-sided...and doesn't feel temporary.

He wants her. She wants a forever. Is it possible to have it all?

***Longing is a full-length erotica novel, and the sequel to Resist***


Sonya is standing right in front of the elevator when it opens. Her shoulders relax when she sees me. “Thank God I caught you,” she says, grabbing my arm as I walk out.

“What are you talking about?”

“I tried calling you sixteen different times and you didn't pick up.”

I balance the pile of papers and dig into my purse to find my phone. When I open it, I discover she wasn't kidding. Sixteen missed calls. “I must have had it on silent,” I tell her, tucking my phone back into my purse. I smooth out my skirt before gripping the papers again. “What's going on that you're all up in a tizzy about? Is everything all right with you and Rodney?”

“It has nothing to do with me...and everything to do with you...and...”

I jerk to a stop when I see Jack talking to a familiar tall, dark, and handsome man with emerald green eyes.

My body is frozen in place. My shoes are glued to the floor. Never in a hundred years would I have expected to see this. See him. He's here. At my place of work. In my office. In the same room as me. “What in the ever-loving fuck?” I whisper.

Sonya squeezes my arm. “I tried calling. You saw.”

“Yes, I saw.” When I turn to her, she's attempting to hide a grin. “What's that for?”

“You've gotta admit, it's pretty funny how you said just yesterday that maybe you'll meet your prince today.”

My eyes bore into her. “Oh, you're gonna get it for that.”

She drops the grin and her face softens. “Are you going to be okay?”

By this point in the conversation, those green eyes have found me and they're dancing while he smirks. He's unbelievably gorgeous, more so than I remembered, standing there in a sexy as hell perfectly tailored suit. I've tried to forget, tried to let go. I thought I was moving on. However, seeing him now? It all bubbles to the surface, breaking through the ice and melting me into a pool of water. I can still feel his strong arms encircling me from behind, my breasts in his masterful hands. I can't look away, even though it's necessary for me to. A tingling builds up my center that causes a sharp intake of breath.

Fucking libido.

I can't let this get to me, can't let him get to me. I'm at work, a place of business. It doesn't matter that I saw his toned body naked or that he kissed all my intimate parts. I have to suck it up and be an adult. I heave a heavy sigh and say, “I'll be fine.”

Sonya lets go of my arm, but stays in step with me when I start walking again. “You don't appear to be fine.”

I ignore her and keep going. It doesn't matter whether I am fine or not, I'm going to put on a brave face and figure out what in the world is going on and why in the hell Devlin is here.

Jack brightens when we reach them. “Good morning, Allegra.”

“Morning, Jack.” I turn to Devlin and put on my sweetest smile. I reach out to shake his hand. “I see we have a guest. Devlin, long time no see. How have you been?”

“Better now that you're here.” He gives me a wink.

Jack gives Devlin a pat on the shoulder. “Devlin, you charmer.” He laughs, oblivious to the fact that Devlin's not joking. At least, I don't think he is. Based on the amused look on his face, I doubt it.

I shake my head to go along with the rest of the act. “So, what are you doing in our neck of the woods? Up for a visit?”

He raises an eyebrow. “Not exactly,” he responds, glancing at Jack.

“You know how we've been trying to replace Victor ever since he retired?” Jack says.

I involuntarily tense up, but nod slowly.

“Devlin had mentioned in February about his interest in coming back north in the future. So when Victor told me he was retiring, I figured I should offer the job to Devlin first. I didn't expect him to jump at it, but I am very glad he did. This way, we don't have to do a lot of training on a newbie since he's already familiar with the business.”

You know that feeling where it seems like your stomach has dropped to your feet? Yeah, that's the feeling that comes over me now.

Devlin Pierce, my one-night stand, has become my coworker.

Well, isn't that the cherry on top of the melted sundae that is my life.

#2
When I make eye contact with Devlin, he has that look on his face. The kind you want to smack off because it has an underlying carnal feel to it. “Let's get this over with,” I say as I start walking to my office.

“Why the rush, Allegra?” he asks, catching up to me. “I daresay you're trying to get rid of me quickly.”

“Now, why on earth would I want to do that?” I reach for my doorknob, but my papers start to tip.

Devlin reaches out to steady them before they fall. He says, “Allow me,” as he opens the door.

I flare my nostrils, but mutter, “Thank you.”

“You're welcome.” He glances around the room. “So, this is your office, huh?” I notice another smirk playing at the edges of his lips.

I set the papers down on my desk. “Yes. Don't get any ideas.”

His jaw drops and he touches his hand to his heart. “I didn't have any until you mentioned them.”

“It's not my fault that my mind goes straight to dirty things when I'm around you.” The words escape my mouth before I can stop them.

“Is that so, Miss Allegra?” He waggles his eyebrows at me. “At least I know I made an impression last time around.”

I let out an annoyed groan as I walk around my desk toward him, stopping a few feet away. “Why are you here?” I need to know the reason he's here. Is it to annoy me? Is it to seduce me?

“I work here.”

I shake my head. “No. Why are you really here?”

“I have my reasons.”

“Which are?” I hold up both of my hands, anxious for an answer.

“Hmm...” He steps closer to me. When I inhale, I take in his scent. I'd forgotten the power it has over my cognitive function. It's as if I drank a pitcher of margaritas all by myself. I'm intoxicated. He tips up my chin. “I wonder...why are you so curious?”

Don't look at his lips. Remain focused. Body, don't you dare betray me. I keep my eyes on his, but bite my lip without thinking. Damn it. “I have my reasons,” I say, repeating his answer back to him.

He nods, pursing his lips and releasing my chin. “Well until I hear yours, I'm not telling you mine.” He steps away and I take in a deep breath. “Now, let's get on with this tour, shall we?” He holds his hand out toward the door.

#3
I expect him to leave, but he continues standing in front of me. That panty-dropping cologne enters my nostrils again and I can't move. “Um, I need to...work...stuff.”

“I don't want to walk away just yet.”

What does he mean by that? My breath catches in my throat. “What are we doing?” I whisper.

He tilts his head. “Whatever you want.” His fingers graze across the edge of my jaw.

Focus, Allegra. “I...uh...” I heave a heavy sigh. “Look—we had a great night together. But that's all it was—it's what we agreed to.” A one-night stand is a one-night stand for a reason. This reason right in front of me.

“I promised you one night of passion. I didn't promise that it would be the last.”

“I never said I wanted more than that.”

He comes closer, our breaths now mingling. “Your reaction to me begs to differ.”

“Just because you can turn me on doesn't mean I want you.”

His lips quirk into a smile and he whispers into my ear, “I think that's the definition of want, princess.”

This is bad. He's twisting up my insides in several different ways. It's okay to let go once, but not twice. He's not the one. I can't give in to the temptation again without the threat of opening what I call the vault—my Pandora's Box of heartbreak. I can't think about the fact that I want to run my fingers through his soft brown hair, pulling him down closer to my face as he...

I push him away with one palm flat on his chest. He willingly steps back. “I have to get to work,” I tell him, straightening up.

“Very well. As you were.” He gives me one final glance, and then walks off.

Well, I know now that he's still interested. What I don't know is if I'm the reason he came here. It's only a matter of time before he reveals the truth to me. I just have to hope I can keep it in my pants in the meantime.

#4
In the middle of the afternoon, Devlin calls me to come to his office to go over some new accounts I've been auditing. When I peek inside, he looks up at me with a cheeky grin. I narrow my eyes at him. “What's going on?”

He wordlessly reaches into a drawer, and then produces a pair of blue lace panties. It takes a few seconds to register that they're the pair I left behind in his hotel room three months ago.

Gasping, I hurry inside to close the door. “What are you doing with my panties?” I hiss as I walk around his desk to snag them from him.

He stands, holding them above his head. “Ah, no you don't. I found these in my hotel room. They're rightfully mine.”

“Like hell they are! I would have gotten them if they weren't still in your pants pocket.”

“It's actually kind of sexy to think about you walking around New York without them.” I try to grab for my underwear again, but he holds me down. One side of his mouth quirks up into a smile. “They would have made a nice addition to my trophy wall. My shirt would have been lonely.”

I make a sound that's half groan, half sigh. “Fine. Keep them. Is that the real reason you called me in here?”

“No.” He places the panties back in the drawer. “The real reason is I wanted to see you for longer than five seconds at a time. And that I'm beginning to lose my mind.”

“How so?”

“Do you know how it feels to see you and not touch you?” He snatches my hand and places it over the growing bulge in his pants. I gasp, but don't pull away. His hand rests over mine and his eyes roam over my face. “It's damn near impossible for me to not react like this. I spend the whole day in pain—unless I do something about it, of course.” His voice is low, guttural. It sends shivers down my spine.

I glance down at our hands, then up to his face to see his eyes darkening. “What do you do?”

“How about I show you?” I nod, giving him permission to proceed as I pull my hand away. He unbuttons his pants, freeing his cock from his boxers. It's already hard and proud when he strokes his hand over it slowly. An aching need comes over me, making me want to jump into action. “Is something the matter, Allegra?” I shake my head and say nothing. “Because it seems like something is going on in your mind.” He strokes it a couple more times, letting out a low groan.

I can't take it anymore. I reach for his cock, causing him to come to a halt in his movement. I pull his hand away and take over, sliding my fingers up and down the length. He sucks in a breath. “What are you up to?”

“No good,” I answer.

“Don't start something you can't finish,” he says.

I smirk, removing my hand to push him back into his chair. I drop to my knees in front of him.

When I look back up at him, his eyes widen. “What are you doing?”

“Finishing this.” I take him back in my hand, leaning in to lick the tip. “Did you know that from the first moment I saw your cock, I've wanted to do this?” My tongue glides across the side and back up again. His body twitches in response. I taste along the tip again, swirling my tongue around before I take him in as far as I can.

“Oh God, Allegra,” he rasps out with a groan. His fingers fist into my hair and he guides me in a steady rhythm.

The pleasure I feel from his body and the moans coming from his mouth drive me crazy. I love it, I love this. Going down on a man before often felt like it was only for him, like it was more of a chore. They always made it feel that way. This, however, seems different for us. Sure, I'm doing this for him, because I want to. But it feels like more. It feels better.

“Christ, Allegra.” He tries to pull me away, to warn me that he's about to come inside my mouth. I stay in place, ignoring his warning because I want to take it all from him. His breathing is erratic and the words tumbling from his lips are like a melody. I suck him in slightly deeper, taking him over the edge. He pushes into my mouth with one final thrust and I swallow everything.

When I finish, he lifts me up and kisses me hard. “Why did you do that, Allegra?”

“I told you I wanted to take care of you.”



Author Bio:
Lilly Avalon is the author of the erotic romances Here All Along and Resist, and the upcoming novella More Than Words.

She's somewhere in the midst of her twenties and lives mostly in the stories in her head. When she's not enveloped in the worlds she creates, she's out in the real world making stories happen. That or reading other romances. It's a toss-up.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  BLOG



Longing

Resist



Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment