Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cloaked in Secrecy by T.F. Walsh

Title: Cloaked in Secrecy
Author: TF Walsh
Series: Wulfkin Legacy #2
Genre: Paranormal
Release Date: March 14, 2016
Publisher: Crimson Romance
Summary:
What better way for a pack of wulfkin shifters to remain in seclusion than to hide in plain sight?

Death has followed Alena Novac’s circus family for years, but when the police arrest her brother for murder, she must rescue him before he transforms behind prison walls. With less than a week to execute her plan, a member from the Varlac family who murdered her mother reappears. Now, Alena has to decide whether to make good on her promise to avenge her mother’s death or risk rescuing her brother.

Enre Ulf has one mission – prevent Alena’s father from claiming his territory and slaughtering his wulfkin pack in Transylvania. Enre may have turned his back on his Varlac heritage, but that doesn’t mean he won’t impersonate one to infiltrate the circus clan and take out their alpha. Knowing that his secrets will lead to his demise, Enre takes the risk in order to save his home. What he never planned on was his wolf claiming Alena as his mate.

Now with the police closing in, and the real Varlac threatening them, Alena and Enre must overcome their pasts to save their packs’ futures.

**Cloaked in Secrecy is the book 2 in the Wulfkin Legacy series, but can be read a stand-alone-book.**

ENRE
Her head snapped up, and those tantalizing eyes widened. Did she sense it too? I’d heard of wolves sharing a connection when they found their soul mate, but not wulfkin. Mainly, I believed the myth was a romantic story created by females. Except, a tornado was whisking through my veins. Before I knew it, I was brushing away the few strands of hair caught at the edge of her luscious mouth. Shivers developed at the base of my gut and spread through me. Every thought vanished from my mind, replaced by one: getting closer to Alena.

Instead of pushing me away, she closed her eyes and leaned into my touch, her curvaceous chest heaving with each inhale. Silence embraced us, and the charge in the room became electric. Following my instinct had gotten me far in life. This felt right.

Sliding my fingers to the back of her head, I drew her into a kiss and parted her soft, warm lips with my tongue. Her lavender scent spread inside me with a blaze while her arms encircled my neck, and she lifted herself to her knees, pressing closer. Our breathing grew heavier, faster, synchronized. I cupped her bottom and squeezed gently. In one swift move, I had her on my lap. Her legs molded around my waist. I ignored the twinge of discomfort in my thigh.

Tugging at her sweater, I tore it off.




Werewolves get Freaky at the Circus with TF Walsh
What is it about the circus that immediately invokes certain images in our minds?

For me, it’s clowns, the massive tent, and those old fashioned freak-shows. It may be the portrayal in fiction, movies, and journalists that distorts our view, but I’ve always loved the mystery surrounding these attractions.

Before I started writing Cloaked in Secrecy, I was stumped on the setting for the story. But then the circus arrived in my town, and I received my answer.

A pack of werewolves running a circus and performing for humans. Perfect!

But where did the Circus begin, you ask?

So began my research into everything circus, including the simple question of how did the first circus start.

It is claimed the goddess Circe in honor of her father, Helios the Sun God, staged the first circus. (In Greek mythology, Circe was a goddess of magic). This also lends itself to the name circus (derived from Latin name circus) that was believed to be the Romanization of the Greek word kirkos, meaning circle or ring. With all that said, the first circus was born.

Now, when it comes to the origin of the modern circus we’re more familiar with, the name Philip Astley is well known. He constructed the first circus building in London called The New British School or Amphitheater Riding Ring. In 1770, the first performance appeared. The raging success of this show was the start of the modern circus.

What do you love about the circus? Have you ever wanted to run away to join a circus?
References:  Wikipedia   /  The Hanneford Family Circus  



Author Bio:
T.F. Walsh emigrated from Romania to Australia at the age of eight and now lives in a regional city south of Sydney with her husband. Growing up hearing dark fairytales, she's always had a passion for reading and writing horror, paranormal romance, urban fantasy and young adult stories. She balances all the dark with light fluffy stuff like baking and traveling.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE



Cloaked in Secrecy #2
B&N  /  KOBO  /  GOOGLE PLAY

Cloaked in Fur #1




Brought to you by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment