Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Deeper: Descent by Allyn Lesley

Title: Deeper
Author: Allyn Lesley
Series: Deeper Chronicles #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: April 5, 2016

Summary:
He’s been a pawn in a game all along…

The King of New York is back. And now, he’s got a Queen on his arm. Just when Noah Adams and Avi Linton are finally settling in to their “happily ever after,” another evil is preparing to make a move. This time, the game just got a little more dangerous and nobody will come out unharmed. Determined to protect her at all costs, Noah puts his life on the line for the only woman who ever mattered to him. But that might not be enough.

When the past begins to threaten their future, Avi and Noah must fight for their present. But can they battle against their enemy without descending deeper into danger?

1. What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
First, thank you so much for having me on your blog. Second, GREAT question. I love bad boys and those who are unapologetic about who they are and the choices they consciously made. That’s what led me to write about this kind of hero in the romantic suspense genre that more times than not feature the SEALs, the police officers, etc. (as they should) but I wanted to add another level of intrigue to the genre.

2. When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process (outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
You’re rolling with the great questions (LOL). I love the backstories. Because my heroes tend to be anti-heroes, creating compelling backstories that draws the readers on their sides is integral to my creative process. I know you didn’t ask but I HATE the editing process (LOL). It is necessary but it’s a pain.

3. When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
I’m pretty open to genres. What intrigues to one-click and read is the hero and heroine’s story. Whether I’m reading a romantic comedy or new adult novel, I want to be drawn into the characters’ lives, both main and secondary.

4. If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
She wasn’t an author in the traditional sense but I would’ve loved the opportunity to pen a novel with my grandmother. She was a quiet woman, unassuming who went about her daily life of loving her family but there were many moments when she was alive that I knew tales I could never imagine ran deep in her.

5. Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
I don’t know if I’ve always wanted to become a writer. As many other authors, my experience is no different. I started young, wrote a very intertwined play about death, crime and love when I was a teen, submitted it, and never heard anything about it (lol). Then, life got in the way – college, marriage, kids. It wasn’t until my early thirties that I decided to give writing a shot again. I am still learning, still fine-tuning my voice but it’s an exciting journey.



Author Bio:
Allyn Lesley writes real stories about real people.

As a teen, Allyn lost herself in the pages of some of Romance’s heavyweights, trusting that a happy ever after was just around the corner. In Allyn’s own writing journey, as   in life, she’s learned that people don’t always experience recovery and restoration  after a fall. Her stories speak to the gritty side of life where the right choice isn't always easily identified and happiness not quickly gained.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  BLOG
TUMBLR  /  GOOGLE PLAY  /  B&N  /  KOBO
iTUNES  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS



Descent #2
B&N  /  KOBO  /  GOOGLE PLAY

Deeper #1
B&N  /  KOBO  /  GOOGLE PLAY




Brought to you by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment