Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Goodnight My Angel by Sue Brown

Title: Goodnight My Angel
Author: Sue Brown
Series: Angel Enterprises #2
Genre: M/M Romantic Mystery
Release Date: March 29, 2017
Cover Design: Meredith Russell
Summary:
Callum Ross has a tough decision to make. After years of working for the covert ops agency in the UK and owning his own security firm in the US, he’s forced to choose between the business he loves, and the new fragile relationship with his partner, Josh Cooper.

A bottle of whiskey and almost being killed by a motorbike helps Cal make the decision, and he moves to the UK with plans to set up his own security consultancy. Then the head of the covert ops agency where Josh now works asks Cal for help. Agency operatives and their families are being injured or killed, including Cal’s friends.

Cal is asked to investigate with Josh’s assistance. As the number of victims increase, they’re aware either of them could be the next target for the killer. Josh wants Cal to back away from the investigation in case he gets hurt, but Cal refuses, putting a strain on their relationship.

Then they discover the motorbike incident wasn’t an accident. Who tried to kill him, and why?


I think I can honestly say that I loved Goodnight My Angel even more than the first in the series, Morning My Angel.  The mystery was even better, which I found to hard to imagine but completely true.  Josh and Cal are simply lovely together, they have what most of us dream of having - perfection. I don't mean Utopian but perfect because the pull/push, the fighting/making up is evenly timed, to me that is what makes a relationship perfect.  This time around we see them in a committed relationship but still working apart, which is quickly remedied when Cal is called back to the agency, which is not quite a prospect he wants for himself.

Cal may not want back in to the agency but when he discovers that someone is targeting his love, friends, and former co-workers he quickly jumps at the chance to figure out who the culprit is.  I won't go into the plot too much more because as you may recall, I don't do spoilers.  But I will say that unlike Morning My Angel, we are left with a cliffhanger at the end of Goodnight.  Book 3 is slated for Autumn 2017 and never in my life have I wanted to see summer slide by so fast because I want to see where whoever is behind this latest attack/mystery the boys are facing, is going.

Is Goodnight a standalone? Perhaps but personally I was glad that when I signed up for this review tour I had the time to read book 1.  I can't say that I would have been lost without reading Morning but Goodnight certainly read more fluently having read them in order. The relationships, mentions of the past case and characters, they all just fell into place better for me so I highly recommend reading in order but I don't think it's an absolute must.

RATING: 

Morning, My Angel #1
Summary:
Josh Cooper, top US security field agent, is sent on an inter-agency assignment to London, when a partner in his firm goes missing in suspicious circumstances. Used to working in sole charge of his well-honed team, he clashes heads with the handsome, but pompous Cal, his UK co-operator and superior. Josh’s gut tells him something is wrong. He’s being kept out of the loop and Cal’s agenda is running on a different path.

He also has a personal issue to deal with. He’s involved in a cyber-relationship with “Charlie”, an unknown man who connected with Josh by accident. Their banter has led to deeper respect and a sexual interest, but now Josh is faced with a growing attraction to Cal. Between this conflict and the tension of the mission, Josh’s heart and head are overworked and confused. Things can’t get much worse.

Then Josh discovers the enemies he’s seeking have a new target: him.


I loved all the twists and turns of this story, trust me you can't blink because you will miss something that is important.  To say Morning My Angel keeps you on your toes is an understatement of ginormous proportions.  I can say that there were a few things I saw coming because I have been reading/watching mysteries forever but I was completely gobsmacked at the big mystery, the who was behind it all question.

Josh Cooper is an absolute dream!  I love his attitude, his snarky quips, his job devotion, his relationships and when you put it all together you have a warm heart that won't take any punches.  Callum Ross is a wish come true!  I adore his attitude, his snarky quips, his job devotion, his relationships and when you put them all together you have a warm heart that won't take any punhces.  Did I just repeat myself when describing the two main characters? Yes I did.  That's because they are so alike, in some stories that doesn't work but in Morning My Angel, it makes them perfect for each other.  Because at the end of the day, neither Josh nor Cal will take crap from anyone or let them get away with anything, especially each other.

This is my first Sue Brown read but it will definitely not be last.  Lovely addition to my mystery series library.

RATING: 

Author Bio:
Sue Brown is owned by her dog and two children. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop. In fact she hides so she can plot and has got expert at ignoring the orders.

Sue discovered M/M erotica at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favorite television series. The series was boring; the kissing was not. She may be late to the party, but she's made up for it since, writing fan fiction until she was brave enough to venture out into the world of original fiction.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  BLOG  /  KOBO
EMAIL: sue@suebrownstories.com



Goodnight My Angel #2

Morning My Angel #1






April 3 - Diverse ReaderThe Novel ApproachBooks Laid Bare BoysSexy Erotic Xciting
April 5 - Making It HappenKeysmashThe Way She Reads
April 7 - The Geekery Book ReviewMM Good Book Reviews
April 10 - Scattered Thoughts & Rogue Words
April 12 - Bella's BlogBayou Book JunkieBonkers About BooksPadme's LibraryLove Bytes

Brought to you by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment