Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Tempest by Brit Constantine

Title: The Tempest
Author: Brit Constantine
Genre: Contemporary Adult Romance
Expected Release Date: May 26, 2017

Summary:
They call him “The Tempest.”
England’s most feared heavyweight-boxing champion.
He despises the fame and glory, but it’s nothing compared to the hate he inflicts on himself. All he wants is to be left alone to live on his boat in misery.

When I line up for his autograph, it’s instant fireworks. But not the beautiful stars-shine-bright kind. He’s rude. Heartless. A ticking time bomb of rage.
Luckily, I’m not afraid to put a lit match to his fuse.
I upload a private video of him to my one-million-subscribers channel. The video goes viral.
The ex-Royal Marine nearly breaks down my studio door to flag me inappropriate…
…while I’m in the middle of a live streaming event.
I don’t tell him. I don’t switch off the camera. I keep recording, secretly playing to my audience. He should have checked if the camera was rolling, right?

It should be a shipwreck from the moment the storm hits.
It is.
And then … it isn’t.
Our attraction is painful, undeniable, and it’s like I am Eve and his lips are the apple, and damn if his tongue isn’t the snake.

I am the only girl who can put this broken man back together again.
But he knows the secret he is keeping will tear us apart. He knows it’ll force my hand to break ties with the only family I have left in the world.
But once The Tempest, the man with the iron heart, falls in love … he’ll crush anyone who dares to take me away from him.
I have no choice but to go down with his ship.
Hook, line, and goddamned sinker.
πŸ’‹πŸ’™πŸ’‹πŸ’™πŸ’‹
The Tempest is a contemporary romance story of love, comedy and treachery.

No cheating. No OW/OM. Standalone. HEA. 18+


What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
It was the year 2012 when I sat in my conservatory with a glass of wine and opened up the first page to Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It altered the way I saw my life, and the world around me. It made me look at everything a little differently, opening up my eyes a litter wider to the hidden beauty in the world through all the tragedy we see and feel every day.

It was the first romance book where I felt the main couple actually listened to each other and fell in love with the heart and not the body. It was magical with engaging characters, and it broke my heart in pieces. But ultimately, it was an uplifting and witty tale that inspired me to follow my dreams. It was unforgettable.

When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process(outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
In regards to The Tempest, writing the comedy scenes was by far the most entertaining part of the whole process. The humorous situations I put my characters in had me laughing so hard my belly hurt, and it feels good to laugh, right?

Here’s a fun fact: The scene where Felicity accidently gives Lenic the wrapped gift given to her by her best friend was based on a real life event that happened to me! It was a real Trauma-Rama at the time, but now I look back at the embarrassing event and can laugh at myself.

When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
Romance. Always romance. I’m a hearts and kittens and rainbows kind-of-girl who loves — no needs — happily ever afters, and gorgeous book boyfriends on a weekly basis. Love and humour are my most cherished elements in life, and so I want to immerse myself in them as much as I can, feed my mind and heart with them, always.

If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
Jane Austen! Pride and Prejudice, the intelligent strong-minded Elizabeth Bennet, the sexy chivalrous Mr Darcy … need I say more? I know she didn’t write the scene featured in the BBC adaptation where Darcy jumps into the lake, but oh my … what a feel! If Darcy had ever become a Royal Marine turned bare-knuckle boxer, I think he would have been very close to my hero, Lenic Reevus.

Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
Ballet was my passion from the age of six, but my career ended before it had a chance to begin due to a knee injury. Ballet was everything to me, and I lost myself there for a while. It was like being pushed into the darkest corner and the only way I could survive was to write out the pain.

I started out with poems, and then one evening, it was late at night, 2 a.m. even, and I wrote this short story about a girl who lost her puppy in the woods and found a whole new world while searching for him. Ever since that night, I’ve never looked back once and thought of what I could have been, up there on stage. I can’t see myself doing anything else anymore. All I want to do is write funny and tragic and uplifting love stories with beautiful happily ever afters.

Thank you so much for having me as a guest on your lovely blog. It’s been wonderful! Luv, Brit!

Author Bio:
Brit Constantine is a twenty-something author of The Tempest, her first published novel. Writing and ballet are the two things she lives for … next to cheesecake and firemen. When she’s not writing, or randomly bidding for useless items on the Web, she’s either earning bruises at her boyfriend’s mixed martial arts club or sipping on a perfect glass of Pimm’s with her girlfriends. She lives in London with her ever-growing collection of shoes. It’s a woman’s right to shoes.









Brought to you by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment