Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney

Title: Black Dawn
Author: Mallory McCartney
Genre: Fantasy, New Adult, Young Adult
Release Date: February 14, 2017
Publisher: Clean Reads Publishing

Summary:
“The end of an Empire. The rise of a Queen.”

Emory Fae enjoys leading a quiet, normal life that is until two mysterious, and dare I say handsome soldiers show up at her apartment doorstep and the life she knew is instantly whisked away. Coming from the magical and ravaged world of Kiero, Emory is brought back not realizing that both men are darkly woven in her past. Discovering she is the long lost heir to the Royal Line Emory is thrown into Black Dawn Rebellion with a dynamic role to ignite the rebels and reclaim her throne. With both lives clashing Emory uncovers hidden secrets from her past, a power held long dormant, and will soon realize there are worse things than supernatural humans, love, loss, betrayal, and a Mad King.

Some things are better left in the shadows.

What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
Thanks for having me! My biggest influence that brought me to fantasy/ epic fantasy books was reading Harry Potter and The Song of the Lioness series. I have always loved reading but these books got me obsessed with this genre. As a kid, I would roam outside for hours on our family farm, envisioning what my own fantasy world would look like and the characters that would be there. If I had not read these series at a young age, maybe I wouldn’t have developed the same passion that I have for writing fantasy.

When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process(outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
I adore mapping out plot lines. It’s kind of thrilling when each character’s storyline becomes clear, and the surprises that happen there!!! Especially in book two, Queen to Ashes, we will see the characters go down some dark roads. As the author, it still gives me that same kind of rush as we experience them, as I hope my readers will feel the same 😊

When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
I am a fantasy lover through and through. Though, I do enjoy a good YA contemporary, I am most of the time drawn to YA fantasy.

If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
Oh, Sarah J Maas!!!!! How I would fangirl! But seriously though, her writing is amazing and as an author, I find her inspiring.

Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
A bit of both to be honest. I started writing at the end of Grade Eight and this is when I finished the first manuscript of Black Dawn. After that though, I left writing alone for seven years. I continued to read for pleasure, but it wasn’t until after I married my husband and we were talking about books and authors we liked, and It was an enlightening moment for me. A deep gut feeling that I had to rewrite Black Dawn, and I started this at twenty-two, and haven’t looked back since 😊

Author Bio:
Mallory McCartney currently lives in London, Ontario with her husband and their two dachshunds Link and Lola. Black Dawn is her debut novel, the first in a series. When she isn’t working on her next novel or reading, she can be found dog grooming, book shopping and hiking. Other favorite pastimes involve reorganizing perpetually overflowing bookshelves and seeking out new coffee and dessert shops.









Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment