Thursday, August 9, 2018

Re-Readables 2018: Mary Calmes


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’™πŸ“šπŸ’šπŸ“šπŸ’›πŸ“šπŸ’œπŸ“šπŸ’•

I have never been one to do much re-reading, which is surprising because I can re-watch a movie or television show I love endlessly but books just never seemed to interest me for revisiting.  When they introduced audiobooks it gave me a chance to enjoy some of my favorites over and over.  The past few years I guess I've changed and there are some books that have become almost required re-reading, the summer wouldn't be complete without a revisit.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’™πŸ“šπŸ’šπŸ“šπŸ’›πŸ“šπŸ’œπŸ“šπŸ’•



Overall 4th Re-Read Review 2018:
I seriously have nothing new to add to my previous reviews for Matter of Time series but I'll try πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.  What is it about Jory Harcourt and Sam Kage that has this series filed under "Annual Must Re-reads"?  It's hard to put into words other than its wonderful.  There is just something about Jory that I can't imagine not loving, if I met someone like him we'd be instant friends and I think its safe to say I would be spending equal time either hugging the life out of him or pulling my own hair out as I run off screaming "UGHHHHH!"  How Sam has any hair left is beyond me.  And Sam, well he's just awesomely yummy.  Loyal, attentive, protective, and yes he has a temper but he's not aggressive or threatening(unless you try to harm his loved ones).  On the service these two should not be together, there is absolutely nothing that makes them fit but then the minute you see them interact you just know that there is no one more suited for them than each other.  I say "perfect fit" not in a Utopian definition but in the fact that they balance each other out, their strengths and weaknesses mesh, they fight, they make-up(and boy can they make-up), they scream, they laugh, they frustrate, they comfort, and a hundred other things we all want to experience but most importantly they support and love each other.  Jory, Sam, Hannah, Kola, and their Matter of Time family and friends are just pure entertaining and I can't imagine a time when I won't enjoy revisiting their journey.

Blogger Note: To see my original reviews be sure to click on the above post links.

RATING: 




Overall Series Re-Read Review 2018:
This is actually the first time I have re-read Miro and Ian(at least #1-3 as #3.5 & #4 were first time reads).  I don't think I'll be adding them to my Annual Must Reads but it certainly won't be the last time I enjoy their journey either.  Like Jory and Sam from the author's Matter of Time series that this was spin-off from, Miro and Ian are a perfect fit.  Neither of the pair is quite as "hyper" or "manic" as Jory nor is either of them as "fierce" or "fiery" as Sam but I don't think I'd classify them as "even-tempered" either.  They are their own men and a force to be reckoned with.  They've come full circle in the five entries to the Marshals series but that doesn't mean I'm tired of the pair.  Oh no, I can't imagine ever tiring of Miro, Ian, their team or their few friends and family.  The boys may be the stars of this series but every character adds something to their journey and I think that's what helps make them who they are, entertaining and fun.

Blogger Note: To see my original reviews be sure to click on the above post links.

RATING: 

Author Bio:
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becoming immersed in the process, and falling into the work. She can even tell you what her characters smell like. She loves buying books and going to conventions to meet her fans.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE
BLOG  /  B&N  /  KOBO  /  AUDIBLE
BOOKWORLD  /  AMAZON  /  iTUNES
EMAIL: mmcalmes@hotmail.com



A Matter of Time Series
AMAZON US  /  AMAZON UK  /  B&N

Marshals Series
AMAZON US  /  AMAZON UK  /  B&N
KOBO  /  iTUNES  /  GOOGLE PLAY  /  AUDIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment