Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Re-Readables 2018: RJ Scott


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’™πŸ“šπŸ’šπŸ“šπŸ’›πŸ“šπŸ’œπŸ“šπŸ’•

I have never been one to do much re-reading, which is surprising because I can re-watch a movie or television show I love endlessly but books just never seemed to interest me for revisiting.  When they introduced audiobooks it gave me a chance to enjoy some of my favorites over and over.  The past few years I guess I've changed and there are some books that have become almost required re-reading, the summer wouldn't be complete without a revisit.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’™πŸ“šπŸ’šπŸ“šπŸ’›πŸ“šπŸ’œπŸ“šπŸ’•




Overall Series 4th Re-Read Review 2018:
I seriously have no idea what more I can say about Texas that I haven't already.  This is the series that brought me into the world of published M/M genre so Jack & Riley Campbell-Hayes and the Double D universe will always hold a special place in my heart.  No matter how many times I read this series, I always smile, cry, laugh, and just completely escape into their world.  I may never experience that first time adrenaline rush but it still gets my blood pumping and heart racing.  Texas is not just Jack and Riley's journey, yes they are the primary leads but we also get to see their children, their family, their friends all navigate life on and off the ranch.  The Double D has a way of bringing people together, giving them hope and purpose, a fresh start, a place to grow and become who they are meant to be, but at the heart of each story is just that: heart.  When RJ Scott wrote The Heart of Texas, I doubt she had any idea what she started, how far it would go or how many people it would touch but I'm just glad she gave life to Jack and Riley and everything that came from their love.  This is one series that isn't getting old any time soon for me.

Blogger Note: To see my original reviews be sure to click on the above post links.

RATING: 



Overall Trilogy 1st Re-Read Review 2018:
When RJ Scott wrote Liam's journey in Texas Christmas(#5) and the trial in Texas Fall(#6) where we first saw Kyle, Gabriel, and Daniel, I knew that when she wrote their stories they wouldn't be all unicorn and rainbows, they would be stories of hurt, abuse, with tons of angst.  But I also knew that they would be stories of strength, overcoming the past, and happiness.  Kyle, Gabriel, and Daniel are hard stories to read but they are stories worth reading, worth the tears, worth the heartache because at their core they are stories of rebuilding, finding one's self-worth, finding your place in the world, and discovering that no matter how evil the world has been it can also be pretty great.  This is my first time re-reading this trilogy(okay I just re-read Kyle and Gabriel as Daniel was just released this year) and although it may not make my annual re-read list, it won't be the last time I re-visit the boys at Legacy Ranch.

Blogger Note: To see my original reviews be sure to click on the above post links.

RATING: 


Saturday's Series Spotlight: Montana
Part 1  /  Part 2

Overall Series 1st Re-Read Review 2018:
This was my first re-read of Montana and life on the Crooked Tree Ranch(only the first four as Second Chance Ranch was just released) but it won't be my last.  This is another series that may not be a yearly re-read but it'll cross my kindle again and again.  There are so many people involved in these five stories and although each one centers on a new pair, its definitely one that needs to be read in order.  I love how the ranch seems to collect people and gives them a home but its the people already on the ranch that holds everyone together and makes it a loving home.  Some of the entries are pure romance, others hold an edge of mystery, but there's always plenty going on to keep me entertained and coming back.

Blogger Note: To see my original reviews be sure to click on the above post links.

RATING: 

Author Bio:
RJ’s goal is to write stories with a heart of romance, a troubled road to reach happiness, and most importantly, that hint of a happily ever after.

RJ is the author of the over one hundred novels and discovered romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t romance on the page, she could create it in her head, and is a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her family.

The last time she had a week’s break from writing she didn’t like it one little bit and has yet to meet a bottle of wine she couldn’t defeat.

She’s always thrilled to hear from readers, bloggers and other writers. Please contact via the following links below.


B&N  /  INSTAGRAM  /  TUMBLR
AUDIBLE  /  FB GROUP  /  PINTEREST
BOOKBUB  /  KOBO  /  SMASHWORDS
iTUNES  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS
EMAIL: rj@rjscott.co.uk



Texas Series

Legacy Ranch Series

Montana Series

No comments:

Post a Comment