Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday's Short Stack: Vampire Wishes by Teegan Loy


Summary:
Griffin McKellan has a secret . . . actually, more than one.

He wants to take a class at the local university, but he's got more than studying on his mind. Griffin's enamored with the professor, Jackson Grady. He’s spent months spying on the guy, but now he has to meet him face to face.

And even though Griffin wants nothing more than to teach the professor a thing or two, there’s a huge problem standing in his way.

Vampires don’t usually date their food source.


Vampire Wishes is a short, fun read that I found very entertaining.  The idea of a new-ish vampire wanting to attend college, be it to learn, to experience life, or to get closer to a certain professor.  Whatever the reasoning behind Griffin's wishes, I loved it.  Jackson, the professor of Griffin's crush is at times a bit off-putting and comes across as harsh and self-evolved but then you learn the why behind his attitudes and everything makes sense.  I won't lie, I was expecting something completely different behind Jackson's behavior but the author's direction was much more enjoyable than the Halloweeny, twisty, turny possibilities that went through my imagination.

I loved the friendship between Griffin and Kieran.  Kieran comes across as, well not really a me-me-me kind of character but one that definitely wants to experience all the joys in a vampire's life and he does enjoy the highs of his existence but he really cares about Griffin too.  There were a few moments when I thought him almost jealous of Griffin's crush and feelings for Jackson but then I realized its more out of a brotherly almost fatherly love for the young vampire not soulmate-love.  Definitely a lovely friendship that isn't always explored in the vampire genres.

Vampire Wishes is the first story I've read by Teegan Loy but it won't be the last.  I look forward to checking out her backlist.

RATING:

Author Bio:
Teegan Loy began writing a long time ago. Notebooks filled with ideas were stacked around the house. One day, she sat down with renewed ambition and something fantastic happened: she completed a story.

Now most of her time is spent writing, but she takes an occasional break to go to the movies, where she imagines her stories on the big screen. She also enjoys watching hockey, filling her IPod with music and driving her daughter around town to various activities.






No comments:

Post a Comment