Thursday, October 6, 2016

Marker of Hope by Nely Cab

Title: Marker of Hope
Author: Nely Cab
Series: Creatura #3
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Release Date: October 3, 2016
Publisher: Cleen Teen Publishing
Summary:
Who will save her from herself?

Upon her return from Greece with three new friends and a broken heart, Isis’ hunger for human flesh is stronger than ever. She’s a miserable mess after losing David following her betrayal. Her mutation into Creatura is all but over when she receives the surprise of her life, compelling her to seek out David’s family. Only, they’ve broken all ties with her, and she doesn’t know how to reach them.

Turpis, the demonic beings that attacked Isis in Greece, have tracked her whereabouts. Now, in order to fend for her life, Isis must join forces with deities she doesn’t trust.

Is Isis truly the Marker of Hope as she’s believed to be, or will she lose the battle to her starving inner beast and demons, obliterating humankind from existence? Find out in the epic finale of the best-selling CREATURA SERIES.


Frederick who?
Galilea clasped my wrists with a firm grip, and I did the same to hers. I eased over the edge of the entrance, and she helped me slide down the square hole. I gave her a wary look as she lowered me.
“Don’t drop me,” I said.

“Don’t worry. I’ve got you.”

I tightened my grip on her wrists as I reached eyelevel with what must’ve been the frame to the square door. My stomach tensed. I glimpsed up at Galilea as I sunk deeper into the dark hole. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my ankles and pull. I gasped.

“Got ‘er,” a male voice said.

Galilea released her grip. I plummeted down, letting out a screamed as I fell through the air. I thought I’d hit the floor, but a pair of arms caught me before I did.

“It’s okay. It’s okay,” the faceless voice said, setting me down. “I’m here to help.”

Was this who the whistles had come from earlier? It had to be. No one else was here—at least no one else I could see, because all I could see was pitch-blackness.

“I’ll be right down,” Galilea’s voice came from above. “Step aside.”

An invisible hand grabbed my arm and guided me several steps back. Seconds later, I heard the bang of metal colliding with metal, and then I perceived an unseen thump landing near me.

“You guys okay?” Galilea asked.

“We’re good,” the male voice answered before I could. A bright light came to life in the middle of the gloom. Holding the handheld lamp was a young man with slanted eyes. Or maybe the lamp’s bright glare was making him squint, like I was. An enviable set of cheekbones rose high on his face as he said, “Welcome to Sub Terra, ladies.”

Galilea stepped forward and hugged him. He kissed her cheek and lingered there for a bit until Galilea broke their embrace. There was a bashful look on Galilea’s face as she gave me a side glance, but immediately turned her eyes back to the long-haired man. After a moment of watching them stare at each other, I cleared my throat.

“Oh. Right.” Galilea turned to me. “Isis, this is Frederick. He’s our guide.”

Frederick. Why did the name sound familiar?

“You’re an underground guide?” I asked him.

“Of sorts,” Frederick said. He extended his hand, and I shook it. “Let’s not waste time. Galilea’s told me how impatient you can be. Follow me, please.”

What else had she told this guy about me? I glared at Galilea, though I doubted she could see my face.
Frederick walked into the gloom. Galilea and I followed close behind. I couldn’t see much beyond the two feet the light in his hand illuminated. It looked like the walls in the tunnel were nothing but dirt. What were the chances of it caving in on us?

“I assume it’s okay for me to talk now?” I asked Galilea.

“If you must,” Galilea said.

“Why are we underground?”

“It’s safer than walking above ground. Down here,” Galilea explained, “it’s like you’ve been wiped off the face of the Earth. Best part is I can rest my block and build up my strength for unexpected surprises.”

“And why are you telling me this until now?” I tripped over a rock and Galilea caught my arm. “We could’ve been hiding down here this whole time.”

“Surrounded by dirt and earthworms?” She laughed. “No thanks.”

“Drastic times call for drastic measures,” I said. “I’m sure you’ve heard it before.”

“Yeah, well, it’s not as simple as you think. Frederick is risking his life by doing this for us. Plus, I had a complication arise.”

Frederick stopped and turned to face us. He lifted the lamp to Galilea’s face. “By complication, you’re referring to the gargantuan idiot ex-boyfriend and not me, right?”

“I wasn’t talking about either of you. Frederick, you’re much too insecure,” Galilea told him.

“I wouldn’t call myself insecure. Jealous, maybe.” Frederick turned around and walked ahead. We quickened our pace to catch up to him and walked in silence.



TOP TEN REASONS WRITERS LOVE READERS
10. The mutual appreciation for book covers
9. A reader has full understanding of the oxford comma
8. Both the reader and the writer recognize that words are the glue that binds us
7. No pants days
6. Book swag is a universal thing of beauty
5. Readers get excited over books that authors are excited to write
4. Readers + Writers = 1 Tribe
3. Authors learn to be better writers from reader reviews (In my case)
2. Readers will fall in love with a character just as much as the writer did when he/she was writing the story
1. Readers are inspirational food for the author soul



Author Bio:
Nely Cab is a Writer of stuff, a Master Coffee Drinker, a Food Maker & Eater, an Imaginary World Conqueror, and an Air Breather. She talks to herself—a lot—in her South Texas home while she plots stories about fantasy worlds and sips coffee from a pitcher. She’s known for cooking far too much food and has a tendency to overdo…well, everything. It is rumored that she is fabulous. Nely Cab is the best-selling author of the Creatura series.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  BLOG
WEBSITE  /  iTUNES  /  GOOGLE+
B&N  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS



Marker of Hope #3

Series
B&N  /  SMASHWORDS




Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment