Thursday, May 18, 2017

Time Weaver: Heart of Cogs by Jacinta Maree

Title: Time Weaver: Heart of Cogs
Author: Jacinta Maree
Series: Time Collector #1
Genre: Steampunk, Supernatural, Young Adult
Release Date: February 21, 2017

Summary:
I have a clock for a heart…and the man who put it there tried to take it out.

Time Collectors are modern day genies capable of exchanging wishes for time. Elizabeth Wicker lives within a steampunk world riddled with the supernatural. Among the stories of witches, Bacts, and other monsters, Time Collectors remain as the greatest hushed secret among the noble families. They are temptation’s greatest tools. A contract with a Time Collector is a guaranteed death sentence, and for some the price isn’t worth the prize. But when Elizabeth is struck down by a fatal heart attack, she finds herself trapped beneath a Time Collector’s blade. With no time left to offer, she makes a desperate sacrifice for a second chance at life. If there’s only one truth, it is a Time Collector will always come back to collect.

What is the biggest influence/interest that brought you to this genre?
The first experience I had with steampunk is with the game, Bioshock Infinite. (Both our main characters have the same name Elizabeth, hee hee). After that, I watched the Disney movie Treasure Planet and fell in love with it even more so. At my local conventions such as Oz Comic Con and Supanova, more and more people were turning up in steampunk attires. It absolutely fascinated me, and it felt like steampunk wasn’t limited to one era (Victorian for example) but an idea of technology advancement that could be used in any type of world and/or time line. I wanted mine to be a mixture of fantasy and steampunk elements.

When writing a book, what is your favorite part of the creative process (outline, plot, character names, editing, etc)?
Character development is my favourite part. I like to do what I call the Iceberg effect, where before I start writing the first draft I answer certain questions about my characters to get a better understanding of them. It’s called the Iceberg effect because all the readers see is the tip of the iceberg, where below the surface there’s layers of information and history left unseen. I take everything into account, their family issues, their interests, health problems and money status to develop them into what I believe to be a believable multilayered person.

When reading a book, what genre do you find most interesting/intriguing?
Anything to do with alternative reality I am a fan of. It could be supernatural, magic, science fiction or paranormal. Any genre that allows me to escape the limits of our reality and opens up impossible possibilities.

If you could co-author with any author, past or present, who would you choose?
I think Marie Rutkoski is an amazing writer, and I would definitely select her to co-Author a book with.

Have you always wanted to write or did it come to you "later in life"?
Always. Since I was seven years old I was writing stories. Did I always want to be published? No, not at the beginning I didn’t. Changing from writing for myself to writing for others. I just want to make people happy in the end, that’s my biggest goal.

Author Bio:
Born in Melbourne Australia, Jacinta Maree considers herself a chocoholic with an obsession with dragons and Japan. Published in 2012 to USA publisher Staccato Publishing, Jacinta writes a variety of genres from YA paranormal, steampunk, horror and fantasy. Winner of 2014 Horror of the year and best selling author, Jacinta writes to answer all of her absurd questions and to explore themes and characters not often seen in main media.


FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  WEBSITE
B&N  /  AMAZON  /  GOODREADS







Brought to you by: 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SOOO much for being a part of the tour, I really enjoyed answering the questions and appreciate your support!! <3

    ReplyDelete