Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blogger Review: The Magician of Dustville by Hollis Shiloh

Summary:
Magic, danger, and love in the Old West

A small yet powerful magician moves to Dustville. He's prickly about his height (or lack thereof) and extremely private about his past.

Magician meets sheriff, also private about his past and quite firmly in the closet. It is, after all, the only safe place to be in the little almost-town of Dustville.

Attraction blossoming between them promises pleasure, and possibly more. Can this become what they both truly want — a real relationship?

And can they survive cruel villains, dark pasts, and a grave magical danger that will test them both to their limits … or beyond?


Magic, historical, good guys, bad guys all wrapped together in a lovely Hollis Shiloh bow. What's not to love? I'll admit I didn't fall in love with The Magician of Dustville as much as I have with Shiloh's other work but I still enjoyed myself from page one to the last.  What I loved the most was the "every-day-ality" of John.  Okay, you don't usually think "every day" when dealing with magic and paranormal genre but John is not the typical fictional tall and suave guy that is so often depicted, he's short, quiet, but proud and determined which is where my "every-day-ality" label figures in(and yes I know it's not an actual word or label but I don't like using the phrases "normal" or "normality" when referring to people-real or fiction).  As for Sheriff Henry, I loved his desire for life and for John and how he never lets what others might think factor into his heart.  As I said, Dustville might not quite level up to the previous reads from Hollis Shiloh that I've sampled but I was still sucked in and satisfied when the last page was turned.

RATING:

Author Bio:
Hollis Shiloh writes love stories about men, also called gay romance or m/m romance, with the preferred genres of contemporary, historical, and fantasy. Hollis's stories tend towards the sweet rather than the spicy. When not writing, the author enjoys reading, retro music, and being around animals.


TWITTER  /  BLOG  /  GOOGLE+  /  B&N
KOBO  /  GOOGLE PLAY  /  iTUNES  /  PAYHIP
EMAIL: hollis.shiloh@gmail.com



AMAZON US  /  AMAZON UK  /  B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment